How-To: Create Space in a Small Bedroom
Whether your home is short on space or you just converted that small office into a guest room, when dealing with a small bedroom, it’s important to know how to make the best of the hand you’re dealt. Read on for top tips for creating space in small bedrooms.
- Keep it well-lit.Large windows lend natural light to open up your bedroom and make it feel more abundant. Keep your window treatments simple and fuss-free.
2. Maximize your storage.From built-ins to hide-away drawers, being smart about your storage is key to opening up your small bedroom. Floor-to-ceiling built-ins not only look great, but also add an abundance of easy storage options. If you can’t afford to add built-ins, look for furniture with stow-away options, like beds with drawers underneath, or a headboard with built-in shelving.
3. Keep it simple. When decorating your small bedroom, keep things simple. Clean lines and light colors (like whites and grays) can help open up your room. Choose a few statement decorative pieces, opt-out of knickknacks and make sure to keep surfaces clutter-free.
4. Add optical illusions. Adding a mirrored wall will help reflect light and make your space appear larger. Can’t swing a wall of glass? Hanging clusters of mirrors will do the trick as well.
- Customize.Custom-built furniture can help optimize every nook and cranny, like a desk built to fit in a corner or a bed built to nestle under an eave.
As a Member of the Top 5 in Real Estate Network®, I have a wealth of real estate and homeownership information that may be of help to you. Feel free to contact meany time to learn more about this important information, and be sure to forward this article on to any friends or family that may be interested as well.