Top 5 Fall Home Cleaning Projects
Now that fall has arrived, and you’ve officially put away your grill and cleared out that patio furniture, it’s a great idea to clean for fall. The following article offers 5 tips for prepping your home for the fall season.
1. Wash your windows. Spring and summer may have left a film of pollen and other debris over your windows. Give them a rinse inside and outside to watch the leaves change through sparkling glass.
2. Clean chimney and flue. If you have a fireplace, you may already be stocking up on wood for those chilly fall nights. However, it’s a good idea to hire someone to clean out your chimney and flue before lighting up, to rid your home of old ash and creosote that could be an irritant, and cause unwanted fires.
3. Have a dust party. During the winter months, we spend a lot more time indoors. To prep, give your home a good dust to rid your walls, baseboards and even your ceiling of pesky dust particles.
4. Update your window treatments. Swap those airy summer curtains for your heavier winter window garb. This will keep drafts at bay and help lend your home a cozy fall feeling.
5. Clean your oven. Fall and winter are for roasting and baking. Make sure your oven is in tip-top shape by giving it a good scrub.
As a Member of the Top 5 in Real Estate Network®, I have a wealth of real estate and homeownership information that may be of help to you. Feel free to contact meany time to learn more about this important information, and be sure to forward this article on to any friends or family that may be interested as well.