With all the negative news about the economy and the real estate market, in particular, there’s a good chance you’ve put any ideas of buying a second home on permanent hold.
As a Member of the Top 5 in Real Estate Network®, however, I can tell you that just the opposite is true. The reality is that now is the best possible time to shop for a second home, whether it be the vacation spot you’ve always dreamed of, a retirement home or an investment purchase. Or, if you’ve thought that a second home was not a possibility for you, it just might be now. Here’s why:
- Just about across the board, prices are down…in some spots, they are actually down to 2001 levels. Those of you who may have been priced out of the market in past years are suddenly back in.
- Mortgage rates are sticking at about 5%. This won’t last forever, however, especially as the market slowly starts its climb upwards.
- If you’re able to itemize deductions on your tax return, then the interest expense on your second mortgage is tax deductible.
- If you’re buying in a popular vacation spot—such as on the shore, in the mountains, near a lake, in the city—then you can rest assured that your investment will increase as the market continues to recover.
- If you’re not ready to retire or take advantage of a second home yet, bear in mind you’re creating an excellent source of additional income in terms of rental revenue…something we can all use in today’s economy. Consider making this purchase now, while conditions are favorable for buyers, rent it out, and then enjoy your home when the time comes.
I’ve seen many a savvy client take advantage of today’s market to make a desired lifestyle change or an investment that will pay dividends when the market picks up. Don’t let the media negativity prevent you from missing this great opportunity to buy a second home. Please e-mail mefor more information and pass this article along to friends and family who might also find it helpful.